Friday, January 3, 2014

Love....

I love mornings. I don't like those initial moments when I have to get out of bed, but once I'm up I love the quiet pre-dawn moments in my day. I love sunrises too. It reflects great promise for the day. I love the smell of dog feet. And the sound of dog feet on the floor. I love good coffee. It's worth pressing every day--no question. I love preparing a good meal, and love people eating it--and showing a little appreciation for it. I love the outdoors. I love waking up in a tent, and fishing at sunrise and sunset, and anytime through the day really. I love walking through the woods, exploring under rocks, in trees, in logs. I love Eastern US woods. Mountain woods are not so exciting. But I do love the mountains. I love being an advocate for things I hold special--children, animals, human rights, equality. I love feeling passionate about these things. I love not caring what other people think about how I'm passionate about these things. I love reveille and retreat. I love serving my country. I love my country. I love military ceremony--respect for the colors, the songs, the sharpness of everything. I love my memories; even if they are unpleasant, they are mine. The good ones make me happy, the bad ones remind me of how I've become the woman I am today. I love me. I love who I am, the journey I have made, how I look, how I think. I'm not perfect and likely won't turn any heads as I walk by--but I don't care. I love fast cars. I love driving to work in the pre-dawn morning because I can really let my turbo work. I love the thrill. I love doing things "just because". I'll try anything once, if given the opportunity. I love knowing my way around a tool box. I've built a 6 foot fence, installed a sprinkler system, made all sorts of home repairs. I love the feeling of independence. I wish I knew my way around cars like I do tools of the home repair trade. I love organization and being organized. My world is right when things are in their place and my environment is clean. I've struggled as a married woman with letting this go. I haven't succeeded yet. I love my kid. I've done a lot of cool things in my 46 years. Nothing has been cooler than becoming a mom. I'm "that" person who is over-the-moon-goo-goo for her kid. And I don't apologize for it. For some, getting the mom title is easy. It wasn't for me. I love being a mom. I love being around other good moms. I don't love being around mediocre moms. It makes me too sad. Fortunately I know only a few mediocre moms. I love getting the point in an exercise routine that you feel the high. I don't get to this much since I barely have time to sleep right now. I love a good book. It's been a long time, but I'll get back to a good book. I love my husband. He is my baby's daddy and is a fantastic father. No matter how I behave, he still loves me unconditionally. He is a good man. I love a lot of things in this world; I take none of it for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment