Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Oh what the future will hold!

Mike and I have decided to embrace NGA's requirement to move and are planning on moving to St Louis in 2016--if they approve my extension request. It not, we'll be moving in the fall of 2015. I do hope for a summer move, so that Quinn can finish his third and most important year of Montessori and we can be ready for the move (and will have been in our new Parker home for 2 years). I'm excited. I've been needing something new and different for awhile. I'm tired of going to the ADF every day. I've been doing it for 11 years. I'm ready for Quinn to bond with family--Mike's mom, Aunt and Uncle, and cousins are in Kansas City, MO, which is less than 4 hours away. Quinn has little concept of family and I am so looking forward to him being able to play with cousins! and have a loving relationship with his Aunt and Uncle. And go to Grandma's house! This move is very exciting for our little family. Mike will transition to being a SAHD and he is sure looking forward to that--so am I. To have peace of mind that Quinn is going to be taken to school and picked up every day, rather than put on a bus is great. And we are looking at land--5 acres of rural so that we can have our RV with us, not in storage, and have chickens, goats, and anything else we want. So this will be our last year in the West. I love Colorado but I have thoroughly enjoyed all the adventures of living in other parts of the world, and now I have a family to share adventures with--so bring it on!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for a blog post!!! Wow when you add up all the positives of moving to St. Louis it sounds like a really great thing to do. I can't wait to join you in a few years. Now that I'm away from Colorado I can definitely say that it will always be my home. But St. Louis isn't a bad place to be. Miss you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!!!!!! Well Boo, boo to it all, but one less boo because it does seem ideal for your family. What an exciting time for you! We need to plan some get togethers ASAP if this is happening in the fall! KEEP ME POSTED

    ReplyDelete